In case I didn’t quite hear God correctly regarding sharing my story, He felt I needed to hear a specific message last night in our Recovery ministry titled, “YES.” Here is a short summary of the message:
Yield myself to God’s plan
God desires me to find victory so I can tell my story to others. I must deny myself and my pride so I can humbly present myself to Him and others. He reaches others through what He does in and through me.
“All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.” 2 Corinthians 1:3,4
Example is what’s important
If I want to share Christ with others, I need to live so they can see what Christ has done to and in me. What kind of example am I being? Am I living in such a way that others are able to witness the amazing victories and freedoms Christ has given me?
“Choose a good reputation over great riches; being held in high esteem is better than silver or gold.” Proverbs 22:1
“The purpose of my instruction is that all believers would be filled with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and genuine faith.” I Timothy 1:5
Serve others
Tell my story. What do I relate to better…a book by some well-schooled professional…a song I hear by an unknown band on the radio…a sermon preached from the pulpit…or someone’s personal story of heartache, redemption, grace, and victory? God never wastes a hurt. My story is meant to glorify Him, and in doing so, I’m serving others by ministering to them.
“And since I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash each other’s feet. I have given you an example to follow. Do as I have done to you.” John 13:14,15
As I sat through the message, I couldn’t help but to smile and feel His glorious peace and joy fill me. I have a Lord who loves me so, so much, that He felt I needed that extra hug of comfort and affirmation last night. Oh how I love my precious Jesus!
~joyfully broken
Love and Prayers to you both, very proud of you!
ReplyDelete