For the past few years, God has been laying this page on my heart…I just never knew the details of it until now. The purpose of this page is multi-faceted: to journal, to process, to share with others, to minister, and to glorify the awesome God who is forever taking me on my journey of being joyfully broken.
As David wrote in Psalm 51:17, “The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.” A few years ago I found myself utterly and completely broken before Him; everything I thought I knew and everything I held dear to my heart was shattered. I spent months picking up the pieces of my life and ever so slowly began handing each broken piece to my Savior so He could carefully put them back together. It was during that process that I started to find my true JOY. My God loves me so much more than I can begin to comprehend, and my painful times are never meant to punish, but to cleanse and purify so He can mold me into the beautiful creation He intended.
My prayer is others can learn and be encouraged from my journey as God never wastes a hurt. So welcome…I hope you’re ready for a journey that has forever changed my life.
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12
~joyfully broken
No comments:
Post a Comment