Friday, November 12, 2010

It Will be Worth It

A sweet new friend of mine recently shared the following statement with me:

"Anything worth doing is going to be painful, challenging and difficult - but it will be worth it because of the person you will be on the other side."

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!! I think this just became my new favorite quote of the week! That statement is so true. I am broken and messed up because I was born into my sinful nature into a sinful world. In order to perfect me, Jesus has to polish and remold me. It hurts. It's hard work. At times it's even exhausting. But He is always tender and gentle with me, and He sees the bigger picture whereas I can usually only see the here and now.

I am so very blessed to have the opportunity to do life alongside some fabulous women. These past few weeks I have been blessed to the point of tears. These gals have been dealt some terrible lots in life. Some of their past wounds and hurts are horrendous. But they have reached the point in their lives where they've declared, "Enough is enough!" They are turning to our Precious Savior and giving Him their all. It's so humbling to watch someone experience Christ's true freedom for the first time. Oh how He desires all of us to turn to Him, to release our unrealistic expectations of life, to hand back the reigns of control we only thought we were holding. And all of that hard work, all of the daily surrendering to Christ, the countless hours of denying ourselves and our sinful nature...it WILL be worth it.
Christ has the most amazing plan in store for me. He desires me to become the beautiful creature He originally designed. Now I just have to continually allow Him the room and opportunity to do so.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5,6

~joyfully broken

No comments:

Post a Comment